Monday, November 8, 2010

Reflections!!!! (Quarter 1)

I quietly sat in Mr. Lynn's class listneing to Ms. Ahearn speak about her expectations of  AP Literature. I questioned myself of whether or not to take the course and if I could handle what's to come. The first day of AP Lit. was one of anticipation and amusement. Ms. Ahearn talked about our plans of the 2010-2011 school year. I mostly am greatful for learning how to annotate while reading. Honestly, it seems as though I can never read anyting without a highlighter in my hand. Even in other classes I ask my teachers if it's ok for me to write notes in my textbooks and fold pages I think are important. TPCASTing was also pretty cool; I have a whole new approach to reading poetry now. SOAPSTONE taught me to understand the text better in order for me to have a better perception of it. So far, we have read major stories like Oedipus where Ms. Ahearn taught us to go beyond our thoughts to get a point across. With the help of Thomas C. Foster (a summer reading assigned by Ms. Ahearn), I was able to live in the story that Sophocles wrote. Ms. Ahearn challenged us as a class to write our Oedipus essays not based on a format but on endless ideas that will take us to a new level. On the persoanl side, I love Ms. Ahearn! She is one of those teachers who makes you want to come to class and participate in group activites. Things like standing on tables, going in the kitchen, and using the bathroom when we want is what makes the "cool list". I have truely enjoyed this past quarter and looking forward to what the next three quarters have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment